Getting Permission for a Flex Network License Online
This article describes how to activate a Flex License which allows you to manage network licenses of ARES products.
As an administrator for network licenses, you must have
• purchased a Flex License and received a Permission Key
• created a Graebert Account to activate the license
• created an Organisation in your account
• downloaded and installed the Graebert Network License Manager (NLM) on a computer on which you want to manage network licenses (You receive the download link when you purchased the Flex License).
To use the Flex License on your computer:
Start the ARES Commander trial or demo version.
In the Licensing dialog box, click Activate Permission Key.
Next, click Configure a Flex Server.
Specify the options:
• Server. Specify the server IP.
• Port. Specify the port.
5. Click Add.
To get permission for a Flex Network License:
In a web browser, type customer-portal.graebert.com/ to log in to the Customer Portal with your account.
On the Customer Portal web page:
a) In E-Mail, type the e-mail address you use for your Graebert
Account and click Next.
b) In Password, type your password.
Use the same credentials as those when you created your Graebert Account.
c) Click Login. The Customer Portal opens.
d) On the Dashboard, click Organization Profile.
e) Under Organization, click Products.
f) In Specify permission key, copy the Permission Key you received when you purchased the Flex License.
3. Click Add product to my list. The name of the software product appears under Products, for example, ARES Commander.
4. Click the product name stripe or the arrow next to the product name to expand product information. The information includes product version, type of the license (in this case FLEX), and the Permission Key for the license.
5. Click Activate Flex License.
6. In parallel, start the Graebert Network License Manager (NLM) on your
computer and do the following steps:
a) On the Licenses menu of the NLM, click Request License.
b) From the Request License dialog box, copy the Ethernet ID to the clipboard.
Keep the NLM application and its Request License dialog box open.
7. Switch back to the Customer Portal and do the following steps:
a) On the Flex License Activation page, paste the Ethernet ID into the Ethernet ID box.
b) Click Activate. The license key for the network license displays.
c) Click Download Network License File.
d) In the dialog box, specify the location of the network license file (named license.netlic, by default).
8. Switch to the Network License Manager and do the following steps.
a) In the Request License dialog box, click Import.
Note: You can also click Import License on the Licenses menu of the NLM application.
b) In the dialog box to import the network license file, navigate to .netlic file, select it, and click Open. You are then prompted to restart the service to enable the network license.
c) On the Service menu of the NLM, click Start to start the NLM service.
Note: On the Server Log tab of the NLM, you can view the communication log with the network license server.
d) On the File menu, click Exit to exit the Network License Manager.
The NLM service runs in the background.
e) (Optional) In the Customer Portal, click Logout to exit your account.
On the File menu, click Exit to exit the Network License Manager.
Note: Descriptions about the administration of Flex Licenses, activating and returning network licenses on client computers, and borrowing network licenses are provided in a separate document about the Network License Manager (NLM).